Unable to Add another category in self-started trades

1. 2 years ago

Today I was trying to edit a trade I added in eTCG myself but adding another category to the. I wanted to separate the cards since they were listed as being under my 'trade' category and the cards in fact were listed elsewhere. But it would not let me add another category. So in playing around with etcg more I found that any trade I setup myself would not allow me to use this feature. When I went via my trade form to set the trade up that way I was then able to edit the categories via etcg.

Is there anyway to fix this so that I can get more control over trade I input into etcg myself rather then having to send myself trades via my trade post.

Logging into Chrome instead of Firefox seems to have tricked it into working as well. Now I can't replicate the issue. I'll give it a few days to see if it shows back up and if it does I will do a complete upgrade of my files and send you my current set. If it stays fixed I'll let you know that as well.

2. Bloo

9 May 2015 Administrator kablooey.net

Hi Ajisaitea! Could you tell me which version of eTCG you have installed?

You might try re-uploading the related files from GitHub, to make sure your code is unaltered and/or includes all of the latest bug releases. Just make sure you only pull code from the corresponding branch for your version of eTCG:

v1.0.1 - https://github.com/tooblue/etcg/tree/v1.0.1
    v1.1.0 (latest) - https://github.com/tooblue/etcg

3. Edited 2 years ago by Ajisaitea

I'm running the latest version for eTCG. I double checked my coding with that of the coding from the zip file. It's an exact match.

To fix the issue I found I have to go and make a trade via my Trade Post. That usually tricks the coding into working again. But it's a pain to do that.

4. Bloo

9 May 2015 Administrator kablooey.net

There've been some changes to the beta version since the 1.1.0 zip file was initially released, so if you haven't already, I'd compare your files to the ones on GitHub in the "master" branch - not just to the zip file you originally downloaded.

In particular, make sure you are using the latest 'scripts.js' file from here: https://github.com/tooblue/etcg/blob/master/etcg/js/scripts.js

That file handles most of the functionality related to your problem, and there have been quite a few changes to it, so updating your copy might be all that you need to do.

Let me know if you still have issues after trying that! C:

5. Edited 2 years ago by Ajisaitea

Alright I updated the 'scripts.js' and tried to make an incoming trade with the same results. I'm not able to 'add another category' to any trades I have pending. And the same temp fix for this works as well.

Should I just push a complete update of all my files?

6. Bloo

13 May 2015 Administrator kablooey.net
    Edited 2 years ago by Bloo

Please try in a different browser and let me know what happens (this will help me identify if the problem is in the scripts.js file or not).

If that doesn't help, go ahead and try a complete update of all of your files. Download a fresh copy of the latest code from here: https://github.com/tooblue/etcg/archive/master.zip . Just make sure you keep your original 'config.php' file.

If that doesn't fix it, please send me your trades.php, scripts.js, and also let me know which OS, browser, and browser version you are running when you access your eTCG so I can try to replicate your issue.

Thanks!

7. Logging into Chrome instead of Firefox seems to have tricked it into working as well. Now I can't replicate the issue. I'll give it a few days to see if it shows back up and if it does I will do a complete upgrade of my files and send you my current set. If it stays fixed I'll let you know that as well.

8. Bloo

16 May 2015 Administrator kablooey.net

Thanks Ajisaitea! So it's working in FF as well now too? Sounds like it was possibly a bug in FF that was automatically patched~

In any case, glad it's working for you now! (and hope it stays that way :D)

or Sign Up to reply!