Timezone Settings?

1. 2 years ago

So, I haven't been on my trade post in a couple of weeks. I just looked at it and there's some weird errors. It seems to be where my mastered decks are listed, but only for TCGs where I've actually mastered decks.

Warning: strtotime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /home2/lawschq6/public_html/tcg/func.php on line 281

Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /home2/lawschq6/public_html/tcg/func.php on line 281

This has never been there before, and as far as I know, nothing's changed. Like I said I haven't been on in a few weeks.

BTW, this is line 281: $mastered = date('F d, Y', strtotime($row['mastereddate']));

I don't get what the problem is. I haven't changed anything in the func.php file.

2. I can't see any place for me to edit the original post, but I'm also getting this on certain pages of etcg, too. For example:

Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /home2/lawschq6/public_html/tcg/etcg/update.php on line 66

Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /home2/lawschq6/public_html/tcg/etcg/update.php on line 73
  3. Bloo

28 Dec 2015 Administrator kablooey.net

Hey Erica,

It looks like you just need to provide a default timezone setting for PHP. You need to find your php.ini file and find the date.timezone option, and set it to one of the supported timezones listed here: http://php.net/manual/en/timezones.php

The php.ini file can usually be found in your home or root directory, or if you have cPanel sometimes you can edit it from there as well. It depends on your host though, so if you can't find it you should contact them.

FYI, these are just warnings, not errors, so it should be safe to ignore them and continue using eTCG while you figure out how to get rid of them. Most likely your host changed some settings on their end so that warnings would be displayed instead of hidden by default, which would explain why you never saw these messages before.

Hope this helps!

or Sign Up to reply!