Database settings? I am not a smart person

1. 2 years ago

I took a six year break from TCGs and running a website and now I'm trying to get back into it... but I'm already stuck. Can someone please explain what the database settings mean here?

"Change the database settings at the top of the file to match those of your eTCG database."

DB_USER = 'dbuser', // Database user
    DB_PASSWORD = 'dbpassword', // Database user password
    DB_DATABASE = 'dbdatabase', // Database name

I feel so stupid but I can't understand what to put there :D

2. Bloo

20 Feb 2016 Administrator

Welcome back to TCGs~! :D

Those would be your database credentials. If you pay for your own hosting, usually you would get this information from your control panel after creating a database.

If you are being hosted for free by someone in the TCG community, generally they will provide this information to you upfront when you sign up.

If you need more clarification, let me know what your hosting situation is and I can explain further. :3

3. Thank you! :)

I have my own domain and I created a subdomain for TCGs. I just found where to create a database -- something I've never had to do before. I put in the information correctly when installing eTCG but I just got an error saying it couldn't connect to MySQL. Help? I don't really understand how databases work so maybe I made a mistake somewhere :/

4. last year

23 Mar 2016 Administrator

Sorry for the late response! Got super busy with work the past few weeks. OTL

If you are still having trouble with the MySQL connection error, I suggest you run the settings that you're using in your config file by your hosting provider, to make sure it's correct and that there aren't any special settings that you need to use (ie. some hosts will require the 'hostname' to be something other than just 'localhost').

Let me know if you still need help with this~

or Sign Up to reply!